Stripes, Red Lips, Red Nails, Bold Lashes

Monday, April 2, 2018

There are certain looks I gravitate towards over and over again. I admittedly have about six gray cashmere sweaters. In my defense, they are all very different. A drop-sleeve cashmere tee, a simple pullover that I can throw in the wash, a cardigan that used to be a pullover, but when a moth devoured the neckline - I cut it right down the middle because I couldn't part with it and now it's a favorite makeshift cardi! An oversized wrap that feels like I'm wearing a luxurious blanket... I could go on.

I think it's all about finding your style and things that make you feel most you. (Obviously I feel good in gray cashmere.)


A few other things that are unabashedly me? Red lips, red nails, and stripes. 

I love me some stripes. I've been through several versions of the long sleeve, striped tee because I always wear them to shreds. My current fave is a cozy, soft, fitted-just-enough tee in the perfect black and white stripe. I got it at Hautelook on a flash sale, but there are always versions of this tee out there. It's that classic.

I like to try new red lipsticks but always go back to this one: Nars Semi-Matt Lipstick in Heatwave. 

The polish here is gel, but when I'm doing my own, I reach for Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in Scarlet Starlet. 

I'm saving the best for last because YOU GUYS... I've done it. I've found THE BEST mascara. If you love big, bold lashes - look no further. It adds length, thickness, and separation, and it doesn't flake! It's pretty much the Mercedes-Benz of mascaras. Pricier than the drugstore brands, but totally worth it: Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara.  I curled here and added two coats. 
SaveSaveSaveSave